Photo Reflection of the Day #75: A Sun Tree



What Is It

The sun rising on the Danvers campus of North Shore Community College.

Why It's Today's Pick

I captured this photo and a few others when I got to the campus today.  It was curious that where I initially stood, the sun didn't look like it was up, but then when I walked over to this spot, it looked like it had risen past the horizon.  I took a few shots with the sun aligned and not aligned with the tree.  I liked this one because it actually looks like the sun is cutting into the tree, which is a pretty cool effect.  I also like the contrast of the whitish snow in the foreground.  This contrasts nicely with the sun cutting through the tree because it seems provides a sense of fire and ice.  I also like the dark and tangled branches surrounding the sun.  

This submission is part of the 365 Challenge.  For 2015's submissions, check out this link to all the posts.  For access to all photos, which open for reuse under a Creative Commons License, check out the full album on Flickr.


Did you enjoy this read? Let me know your thoughts down below or feel free to browse around and check out some of my other posts!. You might also want to keep up to date with my blog by signing up for them via email.

Comments