Photo Reflection of the Day #94: What a Vivid Fern You Are!



What Is It

A fern in a church garden in St. Augustine, FL.



Why It's Today's Pick

While wandering the streets of St. Augustine today, we found our way to one of their beautiful and older churches.  This was right near the Flagler College.  Unfortunately, the inside of the church was closed.  However, we got to wander around the outside which had a nice garden.  What I liked was that the garden had a few key flowers but wasn't overdone with them, and had some clear and distinct plans, but mostly, it was just a nice quiet place with walkways and benches.  I came upon this particular fern and found it striking with it's bright greens and large branches.  However, I was most intrigued by the center where new stalks were growing.  I tried to take this photo so that the branch in the center felt like ti was reaching out to the viewer.

This submission is part of the 365 Challenge.  For 2015's submissions, check out this link to all the posts.  For access to all photos, which open for reuse under a Creative Commons License, check out the full album on Flickr.


Did you enjoy this read? Let me know your thoughts down below or feel free to browse around and check out some of my other posts!. You might also want to keep up to date with my blog by signing up for them via email.

Comments