Photo Reflection of the Day #112: #SelfieSunday #19; Or Here's the Face of an Idiot!

#SelfieSunday #19; Or Here's the Face of an Idiot! 2015-05-10_12-36-22

What Is It

Post race selfie.



Why It's Today's Pick

So I got up at the crack of dawn (4:30am) to get ready and drive 1.5 hours to run a half-marathon in Maine.  Unfortunately, that half-marathon was yesterday.  Now, there is some explanation for my idiocy--I didn't just do this of no accord, but much of the problem came from not paying attention to details.  I had originally signed up for a marathon for today back in March.  I realized I wouldn't be ready for a marathon today and switched to the half-marathon they were offering a few weeks back.  They said I was good to go and I never remembered to double-check the dates because the half-marathon was to be run on Saturday.  I can only imagine what the folks at registration were thinking.  I got back in my car, posted about it on Facebook--my idiocy--because I'm forever amused about such mistakes in my life.  On the way home, I found out that a friend of mine was running a race near where I live that was just 3-mile loops for up to six hours.  I was familiar with the place and figured I would go and sign up.  I did and also met my friend there.  I though that the race would be mostly pact gravel or even cement roads.  Unfortunately, half the loop was rocky and rooted terrain which is really hard on the Vibrams.  I made it 2 loops and called it a day.  So yes, today, this selfie is of an idiot!    

This submission is part of the 365 Challenge.  For 2015's submissions, check out this link to all the posts.  For access to all photos, which open for reuse under a Creative Commons License, check out the full album on Flickr.

Creative Commons License
By Any Other Nerd Blog by Lance Eaton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Comments